Sunday, July 4, 2010

David Sanborn Backstreet Jazz Music CD Review

Super talented Jazz artist David Sanborn has released him latest CD on Warner Bros. Records recording label with the Backstreet title.

It 's a rare day indeed that I have a CD from an artist, I can honestly say a bad track in the group. I am more than happy to announce that's exactly what I have to say about this. There are simply no bad in the pile. No fillers here at all.

Backstreet was pleasantly varied, mix of 8 tracks, which are very well written songsthis artist exceptional clarity. With many of the tracks much of the kind emotion that makes for a really great listen. Clearly drawing from what I can only imagine are him own real life experiences. At different points touching on the most real emotions like love and pain of relationships can certainly be heard.

Listen to Backstreet and as I think you will find there is not much dis-on it. The songs are inspired, the production is simply outstanding, andDavid Sanborn is clearly in good shape. So that even if a bit 'in jazz, you'll enjoy this album.

While the entire album is really very good some of my favorites are track 1 - I Told U So, track 7 - Blue Beach, length and 8 - none of us

My choice awards, and [Sore ... I as in "Stuck On Repeat"] is track 5 - A tear for Crystal. This is a great track!

Backstreet Notes:

David Sanborn Backstreet originally published Oct. 251990, Warner Bros. Records.

CD track list follows:

So I told U before

According If you smile at me

Third Believer

Fourth side of the road

Fifth crystal tears, a

Sixth Bums Cathedral

Seventh Blue Beach

None of us 8th

Personnel: David Sanborn (soprano & alto sax), Marcus Miller (acoustic and electric guitars, piano, Fender Rhodes piano, synthesizer, bass, steel drums, timpani, percussion, vocoder, vocals), Michael Colina(Piano, vocoder, synthesizers), Buzz Feiten, Hiram Bullock (guitar), Steve Gadd (drums), Ralph MacDonald (congas, percussion), Luther Vandross, Tawatha Agee, Yvonne Lewis, Barry Johnson (vocals).

Producers: Marcus Miller, Ray burdock, Michael Colina.

No comments:

Post a Comment